No matter your age, constant acne breakouts can be a serious source of stress. If you’ve tried over-the-counter products with little success, you might be curious about how to find a permanent acne treatment in DC through dermatological services that work. Here’s what you need to look for.
AviClear Is the Latest in Acne-Clearing Treatments, and There’s a Reason It’s Trending
Well, actually, there are quite a few reasons!
A one-of-a-kind, FDA-approved laser treatment, AviClear addresses mild to severe acne by specifically targeting the skin’s oil glands without the need for topical or oral acne medications. The unique wavelength of this laser focuses on the sebaceous (oil) glands to stop the production of excessive oil, the leading cause of acne.
Is AviClear Painful?
It is possible to feel mild discomfort during the procedure. Patients often describe it as a warm sensation or a slight tingling feeling. However, this treatment is generally well tolerated, and numbing creams can be applied to minimize any potential discomfort.
Here’s Why You Need a Dermatologist for Sensational AviClear Results
Absolutely! A dermatologist understands the complexities of your skin and is able to determine what will work best for you. The question shouldn’t be, “How to find a permanent acne treatment in DC,” but rather, “How do I find the best AviClear provider?” It’s a simple matter of following these steps:
- Research online. Search for dermatology clinics in your area that offer AviClear treatments. Read reviews and check ratings from previous patients.
- Get referrals. Ask for recommendations from your primary care provider, family, and/or friends who have undergone acne treatment.
- Check credentials. Ensure the provider is licensed and certified in dermatology or a related field.
- Look for experience. Find a provider that offers AviClear treatments and has a track record of successful results.
- Visit. Schedule an initial consultation to discuss your concerns and goals with the provider. Ask about their experience and approach to acne treatments. Inquire about the provider’s success rates and request to see before/after photos of previous patients who have received acne treatment.
Taking the time to research and select a qualified AviClear provider increases the likelihood of a safe and successful treatment experience.
Are There Other Successful Treatment Options?
Yes, there are. While AviClear is considered safe for patients of all ages with all skin types, your dermatologist may determine a different acne treatment is better for you.
Procedures such as an Acne Silk Peel, microneedling, chemical peel, laser therapy, and IPL are all successful at not only treating acne but other skin concerns. This includes acne scarring, signs of aging, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and uneven skin tone/texture.
How Does My Dermatologist Determine Which Acne Treatment Is Best for Me?
More often than not, your dermatologist will be able to diagnose acne with a simple visual examination of your skin. It’s important you get a formal diagnosis because it is possible for an underlying condition to mimic acne and it’s possible that will need a different treatment.
Your treatment plan is based on factors such as:
- Type of acne you have
- Where it’s located
- Previous treatments you’ve tried
- When your breakouts began
- Your age
- Whether or not you have scarring
Find a Permanent Acne Treatment in DC Here at DC Derm Docs, and Banish the Breakouts!
Our mission is comprehensive but not complicated. We strive to provide an extensive selection of cutting-edge non-invasive acne procedures that can address your concerns and give you the best outcomes.
Call us today at 202-822-9591 to book your appointment and discover what our patients already know – acne can be treated and it is possible to have beautiful, healthy, clear skin!