Dear Patients and Parents,
We are writing to update you about what we do at DC DERM DOCS daily to minimize the exposure of our patients and staff members to any pathogens, including the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
We have consistently committed to and followed Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable non-latex gloves while treating each patient.
- Washing our hands or using hand sanitizer before and after every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, countertops, and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the disinfectant designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- Bagging and autoclave sterilizing all our instruments.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available for use at the check-in and check-out desk counters.
During this new normal with COVID-19 we ask our patients and families for the following considerations:
- Please limit family members coming into the clinic with the patient, to those needed for the appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment. Please do not come in coughing or sneezing into the office.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
We continually monitor dermatology and medical association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly. We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may have during this time at (202) 822-9591.